Caterpillar Hill Initiative - Avalonia Amphitheater
- Create a hybrid space for an arts and spirituality intimately connected to the earth.
- Promote the bigger picture of a connected world, one that honors the foundational principles and creativity of nature.
- Protect the view-shed of Caterpillar Hill, and steward the property for future generations.
- Develop an ongoing program of innovative, ecologically sound and sustainable resource management.
- Foster a collaborative spirit among the local residents through shared vision, building community with the peninsula citizens and with local non-profit organizations.
Through building an amphitheater that will:
- Be the heart of the Initiative, a center that will attract individuals, families, and communities locally and throughout Maine.
- Provide an outdoor public space for movies, lectures, theater, education, art classes, and community events.
- Create a speaker’s platform, nestled in the beauty of the land, to attract progressive visionaries.
- Establish a focal point to promote and educate the region’s extraordinary natural features, its rich cultural and historical resources, and its vibrant arts community.
- Introduce a forum for programs where people can explore their life’s passions and bring them into focus.
"I am so proud to have had my mandala design be selected for this project and am inspired deeply by the great work the board and community have done to bring this holistic, beautiful vision to life."